Friday 20 May 2016

Floral Friday with Six Sided Sampler

Hi!  Today's Friday Floral card is a little bit different - I have used some hexagon shaped stamps with a floral theme, and a hexagon punch to make what I see as a flower shape inspired by all the sewing and quilting programmes I have been watching recently.  It seems that English Paper Piecing is having a bit of a comeback - taking paper templates, cutting fabric and stitching around the template to make your fabric shape.  I remember doing this as a young girl, making hexagon/flower shaped pincushions - just like the flower I have on this card!

I have also used one of my favourite sentiment sets - Sassy Salutations - it was one of the first stamp sets that I bought from Stampin' Up! and I can't believe that it is retiring at the end of May!  The Six Sided Sampler and Hexagon punch are also retiring so make sure you take a look at the online store and grab yours while you can.

Stampin' Up! Materials Used:
Stamp sets - Six Sided Sampler, Sassy Salutations
Ink pads - Lost Lagoon, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede
Card - Whisper White, Whisper White thick card, Melon Mambo
Punch - Hexagon
Other - Stampin' Dimensionals

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x