Saturday 7 May 2016

1 Stamp Set 5 Ways - Balloon Celebrations

Hi all!  Well I don't know about you, but I do like to feel that I can get value for money with all the crafty stash that I buy - and for me that means being able to create as many different looks as I can with a stamp set. So I thought I would set myself a challenge now and again - to come up with 5 different looks from 1 stamp set in one crafting session.  Today I am sharing the cards I made with the Balloon Celebrations set - and as you can see, they are not all balloon cards!

I have used several colours of ink pads, including the 2014-16 In Colours which are sadly retiring at the end of May - Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss are two of my favourite colours so I am definitely sad to see them go!

For this first card I went all out on the balloons!  Each balloon has been coloured with one ink pad, using the stamp off technique to create a lighter colour for the base layer.


The inspiration for this next card came from the Spring/Summer Catalogue - a very simple and quick card to make with a little bit of stamping and punching.









There are some fun sentiments in this stamp set, you can combine the "Come, let us sit together and drink" with "Coffee", "Tea", "Hot Chocolate", or what I went with here "Champagne".  I thought that fitted well with the colour of ink and paper I chose to use.

Then I made a couple of cards where I turned the balloons into glittery flowers which I really like.  Again, nice and simple and quick to make.


I hope you like these cards and feel inspired to get your stamps and ink pads out to try some new ideas.

Stampin' Up! Materials Used:
Stamp set - Balloon Celebration
Ink Pads - Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Punches - 1" square, Washi Label, Balloon Bouquet
Designer Series Paper - 2014-16 In Colour
Other - Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Fine Tip Glue



1 comment:

  1. I've been struggling with this set & getting good crisp balloon images. Your cards are great. Super idea showcasing 5 cards with 1 stamps set. I look forward to your next posts. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all.
Mandy x